Meet Adam Aelick (Male with 22q)
1. How did you find out you have 22q?
I have always knew I had 22q since birth. My mother told me. From what I remember.
2. Does anyone else in your family have 22q ?
no one else in my family has 22q except for me.
3. Tell me about your graphic designs where can see them and how did you start to learn how to do graphic designing
The best place to see my graphic designs would be on my Facebook page. I was always interested in making logos for t shirts,hoodies and other items so i just slowly started using this program on my laptop that my friend mom downloaded on for me. I mostly learn from you-tube videos.
4. how old are you? and when were you diagnosed with 22q? I am 21 years old. I was diagnosed at about a week old with 22q.
5. Where do you live and where were you born?I live on my own in Sudbury, Ontario, Canada.
6. what challenges do you face living with 22q? I mostly face with learning, and I have bad hearing, it gotten worst in the last few years. I have health issues too. Such has a leaky valve (which hoping to be fix soon) and had 2 open heart surgeries.
7. what are your hopes and dreams for the future? I mostly face with learning
I have bad hearing, it gotten worst in the last few years.
I have health issues too. Such has a leaky valve (which hoping to be fix soon) and had 2 open heart surgeries.
8. Are you working if so doing what?. I am working at a place call Jarrett Center. They hire people with disability. I put wooden boxes together. I make pointy sticks (which we cal stacks) and make pallets. I only work on Wednesdays and Fridays. I hope to get another job soon.
9. have you gone to college ? No i haven't gone to college.
10. Do you have your own family kids wife etc?10. No i don't have my own family. Only my mom, my sister, her boyfriend/fiance, my dad and my grandparents which i talk to all of them a lot.
11. do you drive?No i don't drive. But i have my G1 (beginners licenses which will expire soon).
12. what was school like for you growing up? Grades/friends made easy?
12. For school i was mostly ignored by other kids/students that’s where music comes in. I love music. My grades weren't the best but i manage to graduate high school with a diploma.
13. What is your favorite foods? My favourite foods are, pretty much anything fast food type. Such as, french fries, burgers, poutine,spaghetti, tacos, chicken wings and the list goes on.
14. What is your favorite drinks? Favourite drinks are probably, root beer, NESTEA® Iced Tea, orange juice, apple juices and few others.
15.Is there anything else you would like to share with my readers?
None that comes to my mind at this moment
Thank you Adam for sharing your story!
If you want to check out his creative graphic designs and Facebook page to show him support tell him hi and that you saw his story right here on Mommies Quiet Place
Thanks so much for reading
until next time choose kindness.!
here's a link of Adam’s Facebook page that you can use.
Adam Instagram account where you can view some of his designs