11 Questions for Nominees:
Liebster-Award- Amanda Ripsam www.mommiesquietplace.com
I didn’t know much about the Liebster Award before being nominated either like the wonderful blogger who nominated me. I have heard of it briefly in the past I even been nominated on my blogger blog but I didn’t know how to tag other bloggers or share like I do now or even what the Liebster award really could do for a blog like mine. It basically helps give some more exposure and views for my blog and may even generate some followers which is always exciting. I do need more people to subscribe to my blog as I only have 3 subscribers so far. What I love about this award is it’s away for other fellow bloggers tocongratulate each other on their work and a way to learn more about the blogger. I can also be asked all sort of random questions to find out more about each other. So if you have a question for me just leave a question for me to reply in the comment box.Here are the rules.
- Link back and recognise the blogger who nominated me (thanks ).
- Answer 10 questions given by the nominator.
- Nominate 10 inspirational bloggers for the award. ( sorry I only discovered 6 who wanted to take part so far) if you wish for a nomination let me know.
- Create 10 questions for nominees to answer.
- Notify my nominees.
First I want to Thank
my lovely blogger friend as she nominated me for the Liebster award.
The rules are you need to also nominate 11 other blogs but I only found 6 other blogs I wanted to share who all have under 200 followers. I have more people following me on Facebook and other social media but I will have to put the word out that I run a blog now. So that’s where the Liebster award comes in it introduces your blog to the blogging community.
There are some rules to follow you have to put 11 random facts about yourself.
11 Random Facts:
1. I love my family all of them even if some are not so lovable who put me down who call me only when they want something or who never speak to me at all. I always see the good in them and care too much even if I say I don’t. I keep my distance from some to protect myself from being hurt. I love from a distance
2. I am a immigrant (ok you can stop laughing) I was born and raised in Toronto Ontario Canada.
3. I like time to myself, which I never get unless kids are at school and hubby is at work then it’s trying to clean blog or sleep. I am working on a routine this year which I hope will help me find my balance.
4. I have a father and three of 4 siblings who have a rare genetic disorder. when my brother was 6 years old he passed away. I never got to know my bother other then meeting him a few times. I don’t get to spend time with my siblings since I moved to Michigan but I can’t call or write because I know my father would get upset over it.
5. I need clean and organization or I feel trapped and overwhelmed.
6. I used to get frustrated all the time for no real reasons until I got diagnosed with Adhd and post traumatic stress disorder. I have a therapist I see often to help me deal with life in general some people like to use it against me because they don’t understand how can I have post traumatic stress since I was never in the military. Let me tell you read my journey where I share details of my life and you will understand where I have been and how far I have come. http://mommiesquietplace.com/about-me/one-family-copes-with-22q/
7. My husband works 30 hours in retail and is looking for full time work in computer networking to put his degree to work. If your hiring someone who dose not have a bachelors degree and willing to give him a chance I’ll pimp out my hubby’s computer skills.
8. I have so many friends online but very few in real life and I struggle to find balance in my own life let alone make time for many of my friends.
9. I have a long list of things I can’t eat vs things I can eat do to having a rare stomach disorder on top of my rare genetic disorder. Which is my reason I started this blog. I blog to share my journey to create content that inspires, gives hope and while finding balance I long for balance. I may look like I have it all under control or all together but I really am just trying to put one foot in-front of the other with out tripping over my own feet. Which I have done once before and ended up using crutches.
10. My hubby has a rod in his leg. He had a spiral fractor in fibia and tiba and it was a long hard few months which lead him to loosing his job before he got this job he has now (remember the 30 hours a week retail job) after his caregiver job was ended we had where else to live but pastors home lived there for a year and a few months we now have our own place in a two bedroom apartment we lived in a camper in the pastors yard until the weather was bad and then shared a room. It was the hardest part of our marriage but with faith and love for one another and a higher being watching our backs when our backs was up against the wall we manage to keep the kids provided for and fed never missed a meal and we have our own apartment it’s a two bedroom in a good area in a small town in Michigan.
11. I love getting all decked out with makeup and hair and fashion has always been a passion that has been on the back burner for years. I was working in a hairstylist apprenticeship in high school and a few years out of high school only to land a job working with Jie Matar as a assistant one of the most learning experience I have been fortunate to have. I look back at that 21 year old me and see this 31 year old me and wow the two of us are so very different. Life is a journey and this blog is about mine and my family’s journey.
Then you have to answer these 11 questions
11 Questions for nominees
1. If you could choose a different name for yourself what would it be? Elizabeth I really love my middle name.
2. What book are you currently reading? I am not reading a book currently I know shocking I have been focused on blogging and reading other people’s blogs instead of books.
3. How long do you spend on social media? Too much time I need to cut back that amount to be both more productive in blogging and real life.
4. What is your all time favorite television show? I don’t have a favorite there are a few my hubby and I watch together that we can’t miss. I’m really liking Madame Sectary a women in charge in office (how it should be right?)
5. What is your favorite blog post you have written? http://mommiesquietplace.com/about-me/one-family-copes-with-22q/
6. What is your favorite blog by someone else? You really want me to pick just one blog? How is that fair? I have loved so many different blogs.
7. What are your top 5 favorite Apps? I use Google calendar and it’s synced to both mine and my hubby’s phone. We can keep tabs on each others appointments and set up appointments around what is going on instead of double booking. It’s free and super easy to use.
6. What is your top new year’s resolution? Organize and get routines set in place.
7. Who or what inspired you to blog? I was bed rested and sick when I started blogging. I couldn’t do much but rest and heal I was very much in a dark place of my diagnoses of gasteroparies and wanted to focus on a project but had very little physical energy to do much of anything because of the pain and until I got the pain managed I blog on blogger as a hobby at first and to share the product reviews. Now I use it as a tool to connect with other special needs parents, I use it to share our medical journey, I love how far and how much my blog grew over on blogger that I know it wont be long before I start to see some more positive daily view numbers on my blog soon.
8. Where (country) would you most like to visit? I want to visit my home country (Canada I have been enduring the immigration process for years now and it’s so frustrating considering I am married to an American and I have an American child I speak English and even blend in very well I don’t even have a accent any more. I had sent paper to the wrong place and because of that I am in a holding place of paper work pending status. I’m in limbo while the others who have been here with out having to do it the way I did and spend as much as I have get a free ride. I long to visit my family and friends, I have missed baby’s being born to friends I have known for years, I have missed out on weddings and deaths of family the hardest funeral to miss out on was my own baby brothers funeral do to immigration restrictions. I’m looking forward to this ordeal being finished. So I can move forward but focusing on other area’s in my life is what this time has allowed me to do.
9. What do you think you will be doing in 5 years? I will be a author, I will be speaking and not be fearful to do so in public, I will be doing interviews and even making my own income traveling all over with green card in hand and driving as I don’t know how to drive. When I lived in Toronto Ontario I never needed to learn.
10. What is one random thing that makes you happy? Writing and being in my quite place.
11. Who is your biggest inspiration in your life? My daughter and all her health issues stays so insanely content and happy my drive and passion to keep her from the life of what I have experienced so she will never know the pain I have endured growing up. Bella our daughter is my driving focus and my reason next too of course my hubby they are tie and my family.
Then you list 11 other bloggers who have less then 200 followers.
Now here are my questions for my nominees.
- Who would the primary reader (subscriber) of your blog be?
- Do you understand the key informational needs of that person?
- Are you hanging out online other then blogging ? list your social media links here.
- Are you leaving comments on other blogs ?
- What type of blog is your blog ?
- Do you have any other hobbies besides blogging ?
- What is your ultimate goal in starting a blog? In one year from when you start blogging, how will your blog be different ?
- What do you want to tell your readers? (what’s your story?)
- Where will you be 5 years from now ?
- BONUS – What is your favorite type of foods ?
Congratulations to all my nominees I think each and every one of you are amazing! Sorry I could only come up with 5 but if you wish to be listed here simply leave me a message with your blog link if you have less then 200 followers.
If you liked this post make sure you click on the subscribe button so you never miss any of my post.
I can’t wait to read all the answers that the girls come up with. I hope this post offered you a chance to get to know me a little bit better. It’s your turn. I want to get to know you. If you were nominated leave your link in the comments below so I can check out your reply’s. If you wish to be nominated please leave your name and a blog link in the comment box.
22q, DiGeorge, Vcfs, Velocardio facial syndrome, one family copes with 22q, my story, Amanda RIpsam story,